|Texas Motor Speedway|
|Location|| 3545 Lone Star Circle|
Fort Worth, Texas 76177
|Owner||Speedway Motorsports, Inc.|
|Major events|| Sprint Cup Series|
Duck Commander 500
AAA Texas 500
O'Reilly Auto Parts 300
O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge
Camping World Truck Series
WinStar World Casino & Resort 400
WinStar World Casino & Resort 350
|Length||1.5 mi (2.4 km)|
Texas Motor Speedway is a speedway located in the northernmost portion of Fort Worth, Texas -- the portion located in Denton County, Texas]. The track layout is very similar to Atlanta Motor Speedway and Charlotte Motor Speedway. The track measures 1.5 miles around and is banked 24 degrees in the turns, and is of the quad-oval design, where the front straghtaway juts outward slightly. The track is owned by Speedway Motorsports, Inc.], the same company that owns Atlanta and Charlotte Motor Speedways, as well as the short-tracks Bristol and New Hampshire Motor Speedways, tri-oval Kentucky Speedway, and road course Sonoma Raceway.
Based on qualifying speeds in 2004 and 2005, the Texas Motor Speedway was once considered the fastest non-restrictor plate track on the NASCAR circuit, with qualifying speeds in excess of 192 mph and corner entry speeds over 200 mph. However, as the tracks' respective racing surfaces continue to wear, qualifying speeds at Atlanta have become consistently faster than at Texas (2005 and 2006).
Texas Motor Speedway is home to two NASCAR Sprint Cup races: the Duck Commander 500 and the AAA Texas 500, as well as two Nationwide Series Races, and the O'Reilly Auto Parts 300 and the O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge.
- Sprint Cup Series - Duck Commander 500 (April); AAA Texas 500 (November)
- Xfinity Series - O'Reilly Auto Parts 300 (April); O'Reilly Auto Parts Challenge (November)
- Camping World Truck Series - WinStar World Casino & Resort 400 (June); WinStar World Casino & Resort 350 (November)
Past NASCAR Sprint Cup WinnersEdit
- Texas Motor Speedway Official Site
- Texas Motor Speedway Page on NASCAR.com
- GNEXTINC.com: Texas Motor Speedway Page - Local area information, track specs, mapping, news and more.
- Jayski's Texas Motor Speedway Page - Current and Past Texas Motor Speedway News
- High Resolution image from Google Maps